7th and 8th Grade Chorus
Large Group Performance Evaluation
Monday, March 5th Procedures
Parents, we are attending LGPE on March 5th. Please find our procedures and timeline below. Students should return their permission slip by no later than March 2nd to attend.
- 8:50: Arrive at Pine Moutain in the morning with your uniform (see the handbook for specifics). Bring your uniform to the chorus room and hang it on the Z rack. Make sure your name is on it! Do not forget your black shoes! Everyone must remain in full uniform until the field trip is over. Remember that we do not wear jewelry. We want to all look the same. Boys and girls wearing tux shirts, you should wear a plain white tee shirt under your tux shirt. Yes, you must tuck in your shirts, everyone.
- 9:15: Go to classes as normal.
- After 7th Grade lunch (12:10pm): 7th Grade, go to the theater. Bring everything, including your backpack. Z Rack will be in theater. Get changed in small groups. Bring bookbags to the Chorus Room practice room.
- After 8th Grade lunch (12:40pm): 8th Grade only, bring all your stuff to the Chorus Room including your backpack. Get changed in small groups. Keep belongings in Chorus Room. Report to theater.
- 1pm: Warm up and quick rehearsal in the theater.
- 1:45: Load the buses and depart by 1:30pm.
- 2:00: Arrive at Burnt Hickory Baptist Church.
- 2:15: Watch performances and complete choral evaluation
- 3:30: Snacks provided and bathroom break
- 4:00: Watch Mount Paran Middle School Chorus.
- 4:15: Watch Awtrey 7th Grade Chorus.
- 4:30: Watch Palmer 7th Grade Chorus.
- 5:00: Warm up.
- 5:15: Perform on stage.
- 5:30: Rehearse with the clinician.
- 5:45: Sight Reading.
- 6:00: Load the buses.
- 6:20-6:30: Arrive at Pine Mountain.
- Parents are encouraged to come and hear our performance.
- If you choose, you may sign out your child after he/she has completed the Sight Reading evaluation.
Burnt Hickory Baptist Church5145 Due West Road
Powder Springs, GA 30127
Directions: http://www.burnthickory.com/map-and-directions/ (Please do not call the church.)