- 6th Grade Chorus has made me so proud! We have made some serious strides with "Galop" by Ken Berg, and the musical knowledge they are soaking up from this piece is astounding! GO 6th GRADE!!!
- 7th Grade Chorus has been impressing me with their ability to sing in 3 parts in Audrey Snyder's "The Autumn Reel". This piece suits them so much, and I can tell they are enjoying it from their expressive singing!
- 8th Grade blew me away sight-singing Brad Printz's "Shenandoah" this week. These kids have come so far. It is truly a rewarding experience for me to be able to say: "Here is your starting note in this new piece of music. Now, you have the tools you need- YOU figure it out!" AND THEY CAN! 8th Grade Chorus... YOU ARE MY HEROES! :)
- 8th Grade General Music did a fantastic job with their first keyboard playing test of "Ode to Joy". Now that we have acquired some basic skills, there is so much more we can do!
- The Music Department Fundraiser ends on September 9th, 2015, so please make sure to ready your orders and money collected by then! Don't forget, we will only take one check per student/family cut to PMMS.
- 6th Grade Honor Chorus acceptance forms are due on September 9th
- The 8th Grade Disney Trip deposit is due on September 11th
- The MUSICAL auditions will be September 14th and 15th! See the Drama blog for more info!
- All-state Chorus Registrations will go out next week, and they will be due back by September 17th (for 7th and 8th Grades only)