Here are some great things that happened this week in the Chorus Room!
- 6th, 7th and 8th Grade Chorus students auditioned for the Mustang Singers, for District 12 Honor Chorus and 6th Grade Statewide Honor Chorus! I am so proud of you all! I should have results by Monday!
- All classes completed a "DO RE MI-nion"! Pictures below!
- 6th Grade Students have made amazing strides! We learned some new warm-ups, we learned the Major scale using solfege and Curwen hand signs, and we learned a special song called "Draw the Circle".
- 7th Grade students learned all about the Chromatic Scale and started a new three part piece by Audrey Snyder called "The Autumn Reel". I am very impressed with everything they remembered from last year! 7th Graders also took the Student Learning Objective pre-test for Chorus.
- 8th Grade Students are blowing me away with their amazing sound! We have been focusing mostly on tone and tuning, and we will begin a new piece called Shenandoah next week.
- 8th Grade music learned all about the bass clef and the grand staff this week along with C-position on the keyboards! Yes, the keyboard lab is up and running, and I excited to see what we can accomplish with our piano skills this year.
Thank you for your hand work this week, Mustangs!
- Our Music Department Fundraiser kicks off on Wednesday, August 26th. Information will be sent home with students that day. There are so many great things that we can do with extra funding, so LET'S DO THIS!
- Honor Chorus nominees and new Mustang Singers should be announced on Monday