Mustang Singers, we will be on a break until late February when we will pick up with our Monday afternoon rehearsals to prepare for our Big Shanty performance. I look forward to seeing you again in late February!
MUSTANG SINGERS WINTER CONCERT WEEK
FIRST! Please make sure you are signed up to receive updates via text in the event of cancelation, and feel free to send a message for help using REMIND:
TEXT the message @bd323k to the phone number 81010 to receive Mustang Singers updates and help.
CHRISTMAS AT PIEDMONT CONCERT
Here is the transportation and logistics information for the event:
We are quickly approaching Christmas at Piedmont on December 8th, I’m excited to have you join us. We are expecting this year to be the best one yet! Please read the following information and do not hesitate to email me with any questions.
* There is no on-site parking for Christmas at Piedmont.
* Event parking will be located at J.J. Daniell Middle School, located at 2900 Scott Rd., Marietta GA or at Old Time Pottery, located at 2949 Canton Rd., Marietta, GA. ; these are the only parking options for Christmas at Piedmont.
* Four (4) shuttle buses will run between these locations to Piedmont Church.
* Plan to arrive 1 hour BEFORE your child’s performance, as Christmas at Piedmont is expected to draw thousands of visitors and in order to allow for adequate time for parking and shuttling to campus. While there will be police officers assisting with traffic, I want to strongly stress allotting extra time to prepare for traffic so everyone can enjoy their performance!
* The check-in table will be located by the Chapel (also by the fountain), and look for the check-in banner! I will check in first, and I will check in the entire group. No children can be checked in unless their director has already been checked in.
* Our group will warm-up 30 minutes before our performance time in the chapel (if you got there late and were looking for us)
* Only students and directors are permitted in the warm-up area. Parents can enjoy other performances or enjoy all that Christmas at Piedmont involves until their child performs.
Mustang Singers, here are some rehearsal tracks to get you started. Follow the link, and look for your voice part (part 1 is also called soprano, and part 2 is also called alto for some).
You can find tracks for the following songs:
Somewhere in My Memory
A Winter Wish
Jingle Bell Rock
Standyby- the following tracks will be up soon:
Let it Go
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
:30Mustang Singers, we will have our first rehearsal on Monday, October 29th from 4:20-5:30pm. You will receive a copy of our rehearsal schedule, a t-shirt order form, and expectations for Mustang Singers. See below for our rehearsal dates so far. Mustang Singers should practice their music regularly. When rehearsal tracks are available, they will be posted here. We are so proud of you guys, and we can't wait to hear you all together on Monday! :)
Monday, October 29th: REHEARSAL from 4:20-5:30pm
Monday, November 5th: REHEARSAL from 4:20-5:30pm
Monday, November 12th: NO REHEARSAL (HONOR CHORUS)
Monday, November 19th: NO REHEARSAL (THANKSGIVING BREAK)
Monday, November 26th: REHEARSAL from 4:20-5:30pm
Monday, December 3rd: REHEARSAL from 4:20-6:30pm (snack provided)
Thursday, December 6th: CONCERT at PMMS @ 7:30pm, call time 6:30pm (for 6th Grd)
Saturday, December 8th: CONCERT at Christmas at Piedmont (details coming soon)
Monday, December 10th: Mustang Singers Holiday Karaoke Party 4:20-5:30pm (snacks provided)
Auditions for the Mustang Singers were today in all chorus classes. I am so proud of everyone who auditioned! Results should be posted by Monday. Thanks again for auditioning, Mustangs!
Welcome back, everyone! Auditions for this year's Mustang Singers, an auditioned group of 6th, 7th and 8th grade singers, will take place in the month of August (in class). More information coming soon!
Thank you to the Mustang Singers who were present for rehearsal today, 3/12. Much was discussed including the rehearsal expectations, rehearsal schedule, and Big Shanty details. Next week many items will be distributed including all of the above plus Big Shanty maps, permission slips, and instructions to make sure you are signed up for Mustang Singers reminders throughout Remind. Here are some of the details:
Mustang Singers, Spring 2018
BIG SHANTY CONCERT PREP
Blue jeans or shorts, black mustang singers shirt, any shoes
* In the event of inclement weather, we will not perform. We will reschedule a small performance for our friends and family in that event. Please make sure you are signed up to receive Remind texts for Mustang Singers. In the event of cancelation, a text will be sent to the group, and the Mustang Singers blog page will be updated to reflect cancelation.
Directions to sign up for Remind texts are below.
Permission slips will be distributed at rehearsal on 3/19. See below for additional important info.
MUSTANG SINGERS, be practicing, memorizing, and listening to the new That's Christmas to Me tracks in the rehearsal tracks dropbox!
Mustang Singers, your first rehearsal was awesome! You all sound great together!
Congratulations to the new Mustang Singers! Our first rehearsal will be MONDAY Oct. 23rd from 4:20pm-5:30pm in the chorus room. You will get to know the new members of our ensemble and receive a tentative schedule. See you there!
is the director of the Mustang Singers and director of choral activities at PMMS.